Good morning, San Diego! It’s Thursday, so let’s start with everything you need to know is happening in town today.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 65 Low: 57.
Are you a local business owner or marketer? We can help you effortlessly run effective ads that reach customers in San Diego. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top 3 stories in San Diego today:
- Why you should buy tickets to the San Diego Beach Festival now. The festival is scheduled for November 18-20, but tickets are selling out quickly for this event. Coaches from the list, art exhibitions and cruises, Waterfront Festival is one of the top festivals in California. Check out 5 reasons why you should buy your tickets now at the link! (Local Magazine)
- Things to do and explore this Easter weekend in San Diego. With the weekend of holidays approaching, this is the perfect time to spend time with family and explore San Diego. In the article you will see a list of things that are happening in SD this weekend. Go today for the opening of Padres’ house or go hunting for 20,000 Easter eggs. (ABC 10 News San Diego KGTV)
- 3 shots near the Mid-City shopping center on Wednesday night. The incident occurred on Block 5400 of University Avenue around 8:28 p.m.. “Pedestrians ran into the business to gain security,” Officer Hames said. “The car drove away and fired several bullets at the pedestrians. The security guard and 2 other victims were shot.” Police are looking for the vehicle suspected of being involved in the shooting. (FOX 5 San Diego)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner in the Patch brand. We all know Shering is a leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Schering now manufactures a home security system that gets revelations from electronics experts?
For more information on Ring Alarm Pro, a CNET system called “The Future of Home Security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in San Diego:
- Free Virtual Conversation: Conquering Reality: Early Dutch Painting. (11:00 AM)
- Villa Música Violin – Logan Heights Branch Library. (3:30 pm)
- Create-It Thursday – Skyline Hills Branch Library. (4:00 pm)
- Book Group: I Shall Be Near to You – Pacific Beach – Earl and Taylor Bird Library (16:00)
- Downtown Chess @ San Diego Central Library Courtyard / Lobby on first floor. (4:00 pm)
- Investing Real Estate 101 free online seminar. (17:30)
- Harry Potter Trivia Night – The Duck Dive. (8:00 pm)
From my notebook:
- San Diego Humane Society: “We welcome hundreds of wild babies to San Diego this spring! Whether they have feathers and wings, claws, beaks or thick tails – our wildlife project team is here to take care of distressed animals. “(Facebook)
- Our Lady of Peace Academy: OLP received a surprise visit from the Easter Bunny earlier this week! With the help of the Easter Bunny, the students enjoyed hunting eggs on campus. “(Facebook)
- San Diego Old Town Historic Park: “Join us this weekend for more hidden history talks! From working in a juicer to exploring the night sky, there is always a lot of history to explore in the historic park of the state of San Diego.! The 15th and 16th lectures will be held on the porch of the Colorado House and the call on the 17th will be given by the donkey pens near Seeley Stable. “(Facebook)
- Music Making Museum: “Saturday, April 23 at 7:00 p.m.: Alex Arango, accompanied by a band of 5 musicians, presents an evening of original music. His set includes Colombian combias and Valentos performed on the accordion as well as hip hop and R&B segments. (Facebook)
- Miracle Babies: join Miracle Babies for their 14th annual Superheroes. The event takes place on May 15 from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Liberty Station. There will be lots of fun activities so be sure to sign up now! (Facebook)
- San Diego Arch: “we Excited to announce that our new Jobs Facebook page is now active! Like and follow us at The Arc of San Diego Jobs to see vacancies and start your meaningful career with us. #ArcSDJobs “(Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Love the San Diego Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
All right, you’re all right for today! See you soon.
– Andrew Tessler
About me: Hey! I’m Andrew and I’ve been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other states and countries, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and quality of life, traveling, stand-up surfing, and of course going to restaurants and events around Huntington!